Cooler weather always seems to call for the oven on and something yummy baking inside. I may not be the greatest baker, but the housewife in me still loves to attempt anyways. I came across this yummy recipe a few years ago and one of my lovely friends Kara tested it out with me. I hadn’t made it since- not because it didn’t taste good, but because again I’m not typically a baker. After our trip to the apple orchard I was revisiting my Pinterest boards for some apple recipes. Voila- this one magically reappeared. Having made it a second time I figured it was worth a post. Wanna try it for yourself- here’s the recipe!
Caramel Apple Bread– adopted from The Domestic Rebel
Yielded 3 mini loaves or 1 large loaf
-1/2 cup Sugar
-1 cup Butter at room temp
-1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
-1 tsp Baking Soda
-2 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1/4 tsp Salt
-2 cups Flour
-2 cups Chopped Apples
-Caramel sauce (I used it from a jar)
Crumb Mixture Ingredients:
-4 Tbsp Cold Butter
-4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
-1 tsp Cinnamon
-4 Tbsp flour
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray pans with cooking spray. I used my Pampered Chef 4 mini loaf pan stone.
2. Cream sugar and butter together. In a different bowl, combine the lemon juice and baking soda. The result is foamy which is what it’s supposed to do. Once it’s thoroughly mixed/dissolved, add it the butter sugar mix. Next add in your eggs and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
3.Flour and salt get added next to the batter- it will be thick. Lastly add in your chopped apples and mix by hand.
4. Combine all ingredients for the crumb topping together in a separate bowl and set aside. It should make a course crumb mixture.
5. Take and fill the bottom of your loaf pans with the bread dough mixture. Layer on some crumb topping and then drizzle with caramel sauce. Repeat once more (Bread dough first, crumb topping then caramel sauce). You can evenly divide this up amongst however many loaves you are making. I made 3 mini loaves so I divided the mixtures into 1/6 portions essentially. I didn’t measure, but just eye-balled it.
6. Stick ’em in the oven for 30 minutes if making mini loaves or for about 1 hour if just making one loaf.
The finished product was delicious and totally satisfied my fall cravings. Let us know how yours turned out if you decide to make this yummy bread. We’d love to hear from you!